Vincent 1982 (Tim Burton)
Stars: Vincent Price
Score:82%
An animated short voiced over by Vincent Price, a young boy who does not fit with parents' expectations is described in a rhyming poem. Even as early as '82 Burton's recognised macabre animated style can be easily recognised. If you are a Burton fan this is certainly worth chasing up. I found this on a special edition of ' The Nightmare Before Christmas' DVD. Fortunately it is easily accessible through Youtube.
I admire how the child's fantasy world and reality are represented and how the poem guides us. Wittingly always able to both rhyme and progress. A very melancholy take on childhood, with an almost ironic childhood rhyming structure.
I admire how the child's fantasy world and reality are represented and how the poem guides us. Wittingly always able to both rhyme and progress. A very melancholy take on childhood, with an almost ironic childhood rhyming structure.
No comments:
Post a Comment